Best Gastric Sleeve Surgery Packages in Turkey
Want to lose weight and keep it for the long-term? Obesity surgery might be the solution just for you!
What is Obesity Surgery?
Obesity surgery causes weight loss by limiting the amount of food our digestive (stomach) can hold, causing a combination of gastric malabsorption and restriction of nutrients. Oftentimes, they also cause hormonal changes in the body. Most obesity/bariatric procedures are performed using minimally invasive methods or laparoscopic surgery.
Common bariatric surgeries include sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch and adjustable gastric band. Each type has its own benefits and drawbacks.
Why is Obesity Surgery done?
When joined with an all-inclusive treatment plan, bariatric surgery is an effective tool to provide long term weight-loss and improve the quality of health of patients. Research has also shown to improve or resolve obesity-related diseases such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and a lot more. Patients who improve their weight through obesity surgery eventually take fewer medications to treat their obesity-related diseases.
Cost of Obesity Surgery in Turkey
|City||Name of the Clinic||Treatment||Price|
|Istanbul||Acibadem Healthcare Group||Sleeve Gastrectomy||$16,400|
|Istanbul||Metabolic Diabetes Surgery||Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy||$24,000|
|Izmir||Kent Hospital||Sleeve Gastrectomy||$32,500|
Best Candidates for Obesity Surgery:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) ≥ 40 or more than 45 kg overweight.
- BMI ≥ 35 and at least two co-morbidities or obesity-related health conditions such as hypertension, type II diabetes, sleep apnea, respiratory disorders, osteoarthritis, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, gastrointestinal disorders, lipid abnormalities, or heart disease.
- Inability to lose weight despite weight loss efforts such as diet and exercise.
Benefits of Obesity Surgery
- Long-term weight loss
- Improved endurance
- Improves or resolves coexisting comorbidities or diseases
- Improves quality of life
- Improves psychological status with surgery