Bone Marrow Transplant in India
Medical tourism is a growing sector in India as more and more Westerners are finding the prospect of international travel for medical care increasingly appealing. Advantages for medical treatment in India include the availability of latest medical technologies, reduced costs, and a growing compliance on international quality standards.
The bone marrow transplant is aimed at healing the cells damaged by radiation therapy and chemotherapy. Some types of cancer or diseases can be cured only through a whole body radiotherapy or a very high dose of chemotherapy. After this process your bone marrow will not be able to produce blood cells anymore, that is why a donor bone marrow is needed or your own bone marrow harvested before the procedure.
Best candidates for bone marrow transplant
The best candidate for this procedure are people who suffer from:
- Hereditary Diseases
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Autoimmune disease (Scleroderma, Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis
- Solid Cancers: Testicular Cancer, Ovarian Cancer / Ewing Sarcoma
Top clinics in India performing bone marrow transplant
|Country/City||Name of the Clinic||Price|
|Hyderabad||Basavatarakam Indo American||$15,000|
|Mumbai||ReeLabs||Request free quote|
|Chennai||Global Hospitals Group||Request free quote|
The mentioned prices include:
- Transport from and to the hotel.
- Arrangement of all appointments and procedures.
- Arrangement of the interpretation services for the patients.
- Arrangement of hotel for patient and relatives in necessity (The accommodation cost belongs to patient and/or accompany).
- Clinical Lab Charges
- Nursing Charges
- Dietary Charges for the patient and an attendant (set international menu)
- Anaesthetist charges
- Procedure charges
Benefits of bone marrow transplant in India
- Most patients are able to be active, employed, and in reasonably good health. Quality of life usually continues to improve in the months following transplant.
- You will receive affordable medical treatment at excellent medical facilities in India.
- Studies have shown that most patients who undergo transplant and remain free of cancer have a good quality of life.
- The ease of doctor-patient communications will meet your expectations as English is fluently spoken.
- As a general rule, autologous transplantation is associated with fewer serious side effects, since you are given cells from your own body.