Bone Marrow Transplant in Turkey
The bone marrow transplant is used to replace damaged bone marrow with healthy stem cells. Usually this procedure is performed after radiotherapy or chemotherapy when these procedures have destroyed the healthy bone marrow.
The stem cells are delivered into the patient’s bloodstream usually through a tube called a central venous catheter – similar to a blood transfusion. The bone marrow transplantation allows the administration of the necessary curative doses of drugs for certain benign or malignant diseases of the blood, bone marrow or lymphatic system.
Best candidates for bone marrow transplant
The best candidate for this procedure are people who suffer from:
- Autoimmune disease (Scleroderma, Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis
- Hereditary Diseases
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Solid Cancers: Testicular Cancer, Ovarian Cancer / Ewing Sarcoma
Top clinics in Turkey for bone marrow transplant
|Country/City||Name of the Clinic||Price|
|Istanbul||Acibadem Healthcare Group||$100,000|
|Istanbul||Hisar Intercontinental Hospital||Request free quote|
|Istanbul||Neolife Oncology Center||Request free quote|
The mentioned prices include:
- Transport from and to the hotel.
- Arrangement of all appointments and procedures.
- Arrangement of the interpretation services for the patients.
- Arrangement of hotel for patient and relatives in necessity (The accommodation cost belongs to patient and/or accompany).
Benefits of bone marrow transplant in Turkey
- You will receive affordable medical treatment at excellent medical facilities in Turkey.
- The ease of doctor-patient communications will meet your expectations as English is fluently spoken.
- As a general rule, autologous transplantation is associated with fewer serious side effects, since you are given cells from your own body.
- Most patients are able to be active, employed, and in reasonably good health. Quality of life usually continues to improve in the months following transplant.
- Studies have shown that most patients who undergo transplant and remain free of cancer have a good quality of life.