Effective Microlumbar Discectomy in India
Does back or leg pain restrict you from doing your daily activities? You may need to connect with top spine hospitals in India and get microlumbar discectomy surgery.
Microdiscectomy is a surgical procedure used to relieve the pressure on a spinal nerve resulting from a herniated lumbar disc. In this minimally invasive technique the central portion of an intervertebral disc is removed by way of a surgical instrument or laser while using an operating microscope or loupe for magnification. A microdiscectomy is performed through a small (1 inch to 1 1/2 inch) incision in the midline of the low back, and is actually more effective for treating leg pain than lower back pain caused by impingement on the nerve root.
Why is microlumbar discectomy done
- To decrease pain and allow you to regain normal movement and function
- To release very bad leg pain, numbness, or weakness that affect your ability to do your daily activities
- If your leg symptoms don’t improve after nonsurgical treatment
- If you experience loss of motion, or abnormal feeling that is likely to get better after surgery
- If you lost your bowel or bladder control
- If you feel numbness or tingling in the buttocks, genital area, or legs
Microlumbar discectomy in India
When microlumbar discectomy becomes the best option to deal with a herniated lumbar disc, it is not generally advisable to postpone the surgery for more than three to six months, because the results may not be quite as favorable.
Microlumbar discectomy surgery In India is a day care procedure that does not require hospital stay. Being a minimally invasive technique the recovery time is fast. This surgery provides faster pain relief than nonsurgical treatment, and it does not change the mechanical structure of your lower spine.
India has some of the best hospitals for microdiscectomy spine surgery. Using the latest available technology, the renowned surgeons in India do successful spinal surgeries.