Hip Replacement in India
The total hip replacement procedures are, most of the times, recommended for those patients dealing with hip deterioration caused by osteoarthritis or accidents. These issues block the range of movement and flexibility. There are multiple kinds of methods that are advantageous depending upon the each patient’s specific needs. Hip replacement procedures tend to be minimally invasive nowadays and are often recommended after some investigations such as bone scans, MRIs, x-rays and ultrasound (these establish the degree of bone injury within the hip joints).
Who can choose the Hip Replacement Procedures?
Patients must meet a few criteria in order to be considered for this surgical procedure:
- An orthopaedic specialist must be able to notice damage to the cartilage surrounding the joint area
- Symptoms like persistent pain, no pain relief from medicines, having trouble when walking, difficulty in standing upright from a sitting position and the incapability to enjoy daily life due to persistent pain and decreased flexibility are also important indicators.
What are the costs for the Hip Replacement Surgery in India?
Depending on the procedure the patient is undergoing (unilateral hip replacement or bilateral hip replacement) the costs vary from $4,300 to $10,000. On average, the price for a joint replacement procedure is roaming around $7,800.
What Makes Medical Centers for Hip Replacement in India Different?
- Clinical excellence and top notch patient care
- International standards efficiency rates
- Experienced and trained doctors (many of them also having international affiliations)
- Network of hospitals aimed at helping patients choose the alternative that suits them best
- Dedicated international patient care departments that assist each patient with all the needs of a foreigner medical tourist.
Here are top destinations in India for unilateral or bilateral hip replacement procedures:
TOP ORTHOPAEDIC MEDICAL CENTERS IN INDIA
|Country/City||Name of the Clinic||Single Hip Replacement Price in USD||Bilateral Hip Replacement Price in USD|
|Chennai, India||Dr. A. K. Venkatachalam's MJRC Clinic||$4,500 - $5,000||$7,500|
|Heryana, India||Medanta | The Medicity||$7,460||$14,127|
|Pune, India||Dr. Narendra Vaidya||$3,500||$6,700|
|Bangalore, India||Manipal Hospital||$3,200 - $4,500||$5,600 - $7,600|
|Pune, India||Lokmanya Hospital||$8,000 - $12,000|
Benefits of Hip Replacement in India
- Hip pain relieve
- Increased mobility, movement and flexibility
- Deformity correction
- Leg length equalizations – in some situations
- Improved leg strength
- Improved life quality
- Sleeping is improved – no more pain or discomfort.