Hip Replacement Surgery in Cabo San Lucas Mexico
The hip replacement surgery is one of the most successful orthopedic procedures. It practically transforms a patient with a limited motion capacity and constant pain into an individual with a normal daily life.
The main medical condition which leads to hip replacement is Osteoarthritis. This disease occurs when the cartilage at the end of the bone begins to erode, causing pain and stiffness. When the cartilage erodes completely, the bones rub against each other and, therefore, joint replacement is necessary.
Who can be a candidate for the hip replacement surgery?
This procedure is usually recommended to patients aged between 50 and 80 years old. But, the surgery is successfully performed on patients of all ages, from teens with juvenile arthritis to elderly patients with osteoarthritis.
Disease conditions that warrant a hip replacement:
- Arthritis – inflammation of the joint
- Osteoarthritis – the hip cartilage is wearing off; usually happens to ages 50 and above
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – the synovial membrane becomes inflamed
- Post-traumatic arthritis – a serious fracture or hip injury
- Avascular necrosis – injury such as fracture or dislocation may limit the blood supply to the femoral head
- Childhood hip disease – hip problems which aren’t treated become arthritis later on in life
Hip replacement prices in Cabo San Lucas Mexico
|Cabo Orthopaedics Joint Replacement Clinic||Hip Replacement||$12,500|
|Blue Net Hospitals||Hip Replacement||$17,943|
Hip replacement surgery benefits:
- Increased mobility and movement
- Deformity correction
- Pain is reduced
- Improved leg strength
- Improved quality of life
- The patient is able to return to his/her normal daily life