Best Lung Cancer Treatment in India
Do you want to be aware of all of the options you have regarding lung cancer treatment? Are you looking for precise, advanced diagnosis? The Lung Cancer Hospitals in India are specialized in providing precise diagnosis and suitable therapy for treating or improving patients who are dealing with lung cancer.
What Is Lung Cancer Treatment?
Depending on each case, the lung cancer treatment procedures available in Indian hospitals are lung cancer surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and targeted therapy. Each treatment or treatment combination depends on the common treatment plans and on the cancer’s type and stage. The lung cancer treatment in India can also include treating symptoms and/or side effects.
There are several surgeries used in order to treat lung cancer:
- Lobectomy: the removal of one entire lobe of the lung; it is often the most effective type of surgery, even when the lung tumour is considerably small.
- Wedge: is a procedure used when an entire lobe of the lung cannot be removed, so the surgeon can remove the tumour surrounded by a wedge of the lung.
- Segmentectomy: is a procedure used when an entire lobe of the lung cannot be removed; this procedure implies removing the area of the lung where the cancer has developed.
- Pneumonectomy: is a procedure used when the tumour is close to the chest’s centre; the doctor may have to remove the entire lung.
- Radiofrequency ablation: a needle is inserted into the tumour in order to destroy the cancer with electrical current. It‘s sometimes used for a lung tumour that can’t be removed with other types of surgery.
Other lung cancer treatments performed in India are chemotherapy, radiation therapy and targeted therapy.
Why Is Lung Cancer Treatment Done?
- Because each of these treatments is used to reduce and destroy any cancer cells that may still be in the patient’s body after the surgery.
- It can also decrease the recurrence, though there is always some chance that the cancer will return.
- Also, most of the patients who are diagnosed with lung cancer receive more than one type of treatment from many specialists. This is a multidisciplinary team approach.
Cost of the Lung Cancer Treatment in India
The cost of the Best Lung Cancer Treatment in Hyderabad India package offered by Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute (Hyderabad, India) depends on the type of therapy and the accommodation type. For Pneumonectomy or Lobectomy, prices range between $5,854 and $10,417 (depending on accomodation type).
Benefits of the Lung Cancer Treatment in India
- Top cancer medical specialists analysing and treating each patient’s case
- Patient understanding and care
- Precise diagnosis
- Updated, new technology, equipment and treatment methods