Top Macular Degeneration Treatments in Turkey
Having visual disability during old age can be very debilitating especially with elderly individuals who want to stay active!
Macular degeneration or age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is one of the foremost reasons of severe blindness in individuals age 60 and up. AMD takes place when the macula (central portion of the retina) depreciates. Although AMD does not have a cure, there are treatments and procedures that improve symptoms and delay vision loss.
One of the best medical tourism destinations for eye care is Turkey. Other than that, Turkey is known to provide excellent medical care in the field of dentistry, plastic surgery and ear, nose and throat treatments. Turkish hospitals have the expertise to provide eye treatments and surgical procedures to common eye disorders such as AMD.
Why Travel to Turkey for Macular Degeneration?
Turkish Eye Centers are one of the best destinations to avail eye treatment because they have:
- Affordable treatment costs and packages
- International patient programs
- Expert eye specialists
- ISO-TUV Certified hospitals
- Assessment, diagnostics and check-up in one center
- Offers accommodations, airport pick-up/transfer, and interpreter
- Assistance to international travelers
- Lesser waiting periods
- Uses the latest medical technology in performing eye surgery